Youtube Pulls Graham Challenger’s Video

November 25, 2013

 

 

Lt. Colonel Bill Connor of Orangeburg officially announced his candidacy 14 days ago for the GOP nomination for the US Senate seat currently held by Lindsey Graham.

 

As part of Connor’s announcement, the above video titled “Beating Lindsey Graham”, put together by Connor and his campaign was released through press releases and social media.  Within 72 hours the video had more than quadrupled any other video related to the Senate race, and passed 70,000 Youtube views.

 

But on Friday, the video which then was approaching 75,000 views was suddenly removed by Youtube.  When a user tries to load the video, they get the following message from Youtube – “This Video has been removed because its content violated Youtube’s terms of service.”  You can view the message on Youtube via this link.

 

The three and a half minute video starts out with several video clips of Graham making statements which have drawn the ire of many conservatives over the years.  Then it transitions to Connor talking about why he choose to run against Graham, and why he (Connor) thinks he is best qualified to serve in the Senate.

 

In order for Youtube to remove a video, a large number of users must “flag” a video.  Supposedly there’s some sort of ratio of flags per views in order for content to be removed.  In other words, the more views a video has, the more flags by individual users are required for it to be removed.

 

It seems pretty clear that Youtube did not bother to actually review the content of the video since there’s nothing it in which in any way violates their stated rules of content, or in any way surpasses the millions of other videos of similar political content which are posted on Youtube and never removed.

 

Some have speculated that the Lindsey Graham campaign may have recruited so called “social media bots”, computer generated social media profiles which can be used to make mass reports etc via social media, to flag Connor’s video. Some overseas companies also work for hire to report and or spam content on social media.  One person familiar with the process said that it would have taken an organized effort to recruit thousands of users to make thousands of flags, or post inappropriate or pornographic comments related to the video in order to get the video removed.

 

Joshua Cook, of The Greenville Post and Benswann .com said that a few weeks ago Youtube pulled his “Lose Lindsey” rap video after it received around 35,000 views.  He has since uploaded it again.

 

The above video is the exact video which was removed, but was again uploaded by the Connor campaign after the first post was removed.  So far Youtube has not pulled it down.

 

By: Javan Browder

Follow Javan on Twitter

Please check out the South Carolina Conservative on facebook!

Please follow The Conservative Fifty on Twitter!

If you would like to inquire about placing an advertisement on The South Carolina Conservative please call 864-414-3920

Enhanced by Zemanta

Share

Tags: bill connor, Connor, Graham, lindesy graham primay, Lindsey Graham, sc senate race, Youtube

0 comments
November 2013
S M T W T F S
« Oct   Dec »
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930

DISCLAIMER

TERMS OF USE

Privacy Policy

WordPress SEO fine-tune by Meta SEO Pack from Poradnik Webmastera